28 August 2009

Balls Deep in Falls Creek


What's up blog massive...

Back from Falls Creek, VIC. This was my (Hau) second time there. The first time as part of Katalyst's entourage in 2007, this time as Koolism. Falls Creek is a beautiful place but seriously, as a Polynesian... it's not in the blood to be in a place so cold! I guess that theory is flawed when you have a lot of Islanders that live in Salt Lake City, Utah. Oh well...

Anyway, the show. Hmmm. Uneventful. Big up the crew who did enjoy themselves though. But yeah, the sound was pretty bad (even though the sound guy was a top bloke) and the connection between us and the peoples wasn't really there. Haha. But hey, we're doing a show in the snow fields... can't complain about that. Like to send universal shouts to Motley and Shane who performed before us (and seemed to have experienced the same thing we did).

OK... snowboarding. If you have been follwing the tweets, you will know I have been banging on about it. Haha. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I now know why my white brothers get so excited about the sport. It's maaad. Really enjoyed ourselves. And if I must say, we did alright for a couple of newbies. Think I'm going to be the first Tongan representative at the next winter games. On some ol' Cool Runnings sh!t. Haha...

Big up the whole Invada crew: Katalyst, Ingrid, Spacek, RuCL, Stu One and Stu Two, Mista Rex (thanks for the snowboard lessons too, bredda) and my slope partner, Ian. Also thumbs up to the snow massive in Falls Creek. Keep it frosty.

For more pics, click right HERE

No comments: